Saturday, October 21, 2006

Gadget-FM Transmitter

Ah, the handy FM transmitter. I am tired of running an adapter from my MP3 player to my car stereo. The cord that's too long always getting in the way, wrapping around my cars shifter at unopportune times, and having my stereo tethered to my player means I'm limited to where I can set my player. The FM transmitters might be the perfect solution. Small, Lightweight, and NO CORDS-well maybe a teeny tiny one. There's plenty of choices out there to fit your budget or style. I compare three. All Prices are from Amazon.

iRiver AFT 100: Able to tune into any unused station on the FM dial, battery-less: plugs into cigarette lighter, simple and bright display, and works with any audio device. I think It's a bit expensive at around $32, but if you are on the road commuting to work, or driving truck all the time, it may be well worth the
investment.





Belkin Tunecast: The Belkin just may be the ideal FM transmitter to match the budget-wise casual
user. It is not the cheapest out there, but it is nice for it's price. At around $11, it is small, looks nice, and it's ultralight. It has a range of up to 30 ft., requries 2xAAA batteries, works with other audio devices, and the FM range is between 88.1 and 88.7. I think it's a good middle ground device. Even if it doesn't have the frequency range of the SoundFeeder. You know the saying "You get what you pay for". Well reports on Amazon say the quality isn't that great on the Soundfeeder, plus it's bulky size is a turn off.

Arkon SF 120 SoundFeeder: Battery operated-requires 1xAA battery, tune to any unused radio station on the FM dial. Unlike the iRiver their is no LCD display but because it runs on batteries, you can use it in your car as well as use it in the home. Use it to play your MP3's through your home stereo. I couldn't find a distance, in feet, that it could transmit, but most FM tranmitters reach anywhere from the 20-30 ft. range. Last I checked, they weren't selling these at any stores anymore, but I saw one used for $7 on Amazon.

Check my OgOg profile
Addicting Games