Thursday, November 02, 2006

iCall-Are totally free calls finally here?


Well, not quite, but iCall offer more than most. iCall offers free phone calls to landlines anywhere in the U.S. or Canada, and recieving calls for free from anywhere in the world.

You need to download and install their software, and have a set of speakers and a mic, but after that you're good to go.

I haven't tried the software yet, mainly because I already have too many phone programs as is. I know Skype is advertising free calls to any landline in the U.S. and Canada, but that's only good until the end of 2006. iCalls claims there are no restrictions and ridiculously low prices on international calling.

It will be interesting to see what Skype does, if anything. As for me, I have everything I need in my cell phone plan. I don't think I will get totally excited until I see a way to have a cheap or free cell phone that let's me talk to anyone on a landline or using computer software anywhere in the world.

Technorati Tags:


Check my OgOg profile
Addicting Games