Thursday, December 14, 2006

Comfort Women Charity

I did a project for school last year that I ended up feeling strongly about. At some point in History, every country has had problems with military sexual violence against women. One unique, but little talked about, incident occurred recently in modern history. There was an unprecedented amount of woman forced into sexual slavery during World War II.

"Comfort Women" is a euphemism used to descr
ibe the women who were forced to work as sex-slaves in military brothels in Japanese-occupied countries during World War II. The number of comfort women, estimated during the war, range from 80,000 to 200,000 with testimonies from former comfort women and military personnel placing that number towards the high end.

I saw a great charity badge over at Beth Kantor's website, and looked into the service. I was pleased to see that the Network for Good has a connection to the WCCW's charity for comfort women. There are other's out there and one I'd like to mention is the "House of Sharing
There are many sources for information on this subject. I've listed a few
I will be putting up the Network for Good badge on the site soon. Here it is, for now.



Check my OgOg profile
Addicting Games