Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Pop-up Internet

I'm really excited about Snap. I've been wishing to have this ability on my site for awhile.

I first saw the Snap bubbles on Techcrunch but didn't follow their link until I saw them again on Ben Miller:Tokyo.

Snap gives your site the ability to display link bubbles for your viewers. Viewers scroll over the link and a pop-up bubble appears displaying a snapshot of what the site looks like. I'm sure you've noticed it by now, if you've scrolled over the links above. Advanced users can also designate where on the site the bubbles work, and where they won't.

The creators of Snap were really on the ball with this service. Malware has been plaguing us with software that slows down our computers and bombards us with these little bubbles trying to sell you stuff that you don't need or want. It's about time someone took this idea and made it useful and something that we want. The best part is you don't even need to download anything. Just insert the code into your website or blog.

Technorati Tags:

Check my OgOg profile
Addicting Games