Friday, December 01, 2006

Site Updates: Dec. 1, 2006

It's that time again. Time for another site update. Another reminder that this site is growing fast, and is as determined as ever to make a name for itself.

A feature I've just added is site translation. I'm excited about this. As you may or may not know, most of the general site translators out there like Yahoo's Babel Fish, WordLingo, and Google Translate work far from perfectly. Indeed, I believe the very best option available today would be to hire a pro service to manually translate my blog. I do not have the funds, at this time, to hire anyone, so I went with Google Translate. Even though it is slightly clunky with it's translations, I find that it is still surprisingly effective. I use it quite often when I'm looking through Japanese language sites. You'll find the translator icon flags conveniently located right below the Emergency Trap logo. Just click on the appropriate flag to have Emergency Trap translated into that language.

I am constantly adding to the list of web 2.0 links in the left column. If you haven't checked it in awhile, you may find some new interesting sites.

As for future updates, their are many to come. I'm still working on Wikergency Trap-Emergency Trap's wiki containing web 2.0 sites and services, adding more details and locations on the Quickmap for your viewing pleasure, and I have a planned site "rearrangement"-moving the pre-existing elements around to help the site load faster, and improve it's overall aesthetic quality.

Of course, you will always find new posts on the latest web 2.0 services, gadgets, tech news, internet news and whatever interesting and relevant "stuff" comes down the pike.

Check my OgOg profile
Addicting Games