Friday, December 08, 2006

The World Will Never Forget James Kim


In a fete many would say was impossible, the internet itself seemed to slow down for a well known man. I am one of thousands who never knew James Kim personally but was familiar with him as an internet "personality". I was talking with a friend last night. We were reminiscing about how we knew of James. I can't imagine how upset his friends and family must be. There is what some would call a small circle of movers and shakers on the internet, and all of those people seem to have known each other personally. James was among them. I am 32 years old, James was 35. I can't help but think that he hadn't even begun his work on Earth, yet already at the young age of 35 he had accomplished a great deal. I think that if this horrible tragedy had not happened, that he would have continued to be one of those movers and shakers of the internet and would have done greater things.

I was looking through the "well wishers" over at CNET and it moved me to list a handful of them. These are but a measly few of the thousands of people who wrote in to give their condolences, but I think it really shows just how well known and admired he was all around the world.

Many of Korean...
Reader post by: kyeongsig woo
Posted on: December 6, 2006, 10:45 PM PST

Many of Korean are grieving for him.
Someone want to send some money for his family...
We don't know how to help them.

But I can say God always loves them.
I'll pray forever....
kyeongsig Woo ( 82-2-19-366-7321 ) Seoul, Korea


To Mr. Kim's family
Reader post by: mariegiusti
Posted on: December 8, 2006, 10:53 AM PST

From San Juan, Puerto Rico we send condolence to his family. Rest in peace, Mr. Kim.


Iyaya
Reader post by: Nekko17
Posted on: December 7, 2006, 11:01 AM PST

T_T No. I want him to tell me. :\ You have no idea how sad I am. I always cam eon cnet, and saw alot of his reviews on things. And it feels like I knew him, so you have no idea how.. horrible I feel. But its probably only 1% of how the family feels.

I can't beleive it.



From the bottom of my heart, my prayers.

Reader post by: Mariopreciado
Posted on: December 6, 2006, 1:46 PM PST

for his family and many friends. Mr. kim died, but his courage is an example to be followed by all.
Mario A. Preciado
Republic of Panama



From Australia our deepest sympathies

Reader post by: snharden
Posted on: December 6, 2006, 1:52 PM PST

A very sad story to read when I first logged on today. I was as were so many really pulling for him. My Family sends their deepest sympathies to Kati and the kids, James family, Kati's family, their CNET family.

And a huge thankyou to all the SAR people. Good bye James and RIP you deserve it.

Scott and Margaret Harden
Brisbane, Australia.


THE EPITOME OF A MAN

Reader post by: brendajamaica
Posted on: December 6, 2006, 3:21 PM PST

MY CONDOLENCES TO THE FAMILY OF JAMES KIM.

HE WAS A “MAN” AND THERE IS ONE LESS THE WORLD.

HE MADE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE FOR HIS FAMILY TAKE GREAT COMFORT OF HIS SACRIFICE.

MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE, AND GOD BLESS HIS WIFE, DAUGHTERS, PARENTS AND OTHER FAMILY.

YOU ALL ARE IN MY THOUGHTS,

LOVE FROM KINGSTON, JAMAICA.


Asian Community Has Lost A Leader

Reader post by: rachellechong
Posted on: December 6, 2006, 3:25 PM PST

My sincere condolences to the James Kim family. What very brave souls they have been through this wrenching experience. The Asian American ommunity has lost a tech leader today, and we all mourn his loss.

Commissioner Rachelle Chong
California PUC


Deepest sympathy from osaka, japan

Reader post by: katnhwi
Posted on: December 6, 2006, 4:07 PM PST

So heartbreaking! I saw this story on CNN yesterday and prayed they would find him alive. Deepest sympathy to his family.


A good man is never forgotten

Reader post by: jralcantar
Posted on: December 6, 2006, 4:05 PM PST

My wife and I enjoyed watching James Kim on TechTV and CNET. He had a great personality. We will miss him. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Juan and Cathy
Chicago, USA


Condolencias

Reader post by: Alextassi
Posted on: December 6, 2006, 4:30 PM PST

Pai de 3 filhos meus mais sinceros sentimentos.Brazil


Condolences From Singapore.

Reader post by: alvinfiery
Posted on: December 6, 2006, 4:30 PM PST

We wish that James Kim will rest in peace. Condolences to his family. He's been a good man, a brave, courageous one indeed. We salute him for that.


Go to www.jamesandkati.com for more information

Technorati Tags:

Check my OgOg profile
Addicting Games