Monday, January 01, 2007

Ga Ga over Gizmo

There's enough news and info out there already on the VoIP service Gizmo. Indeed, Read/Write Web has just released a new writeup about it. I decided instead of an informational post that I would just tell you why I like it so much.
The ability to record phone conversations is a huge plus, in my book. As a podcaster, it's nice to have this built-in instead of needing a second dedicated recording program.

The ability to, not only, record a phone conversation, but also use it with free conference calls makes the deal that much sweater . People participating in the conference can be calling in from a computer or land line.

Finally I'd have to say that there free calling plan is a nice bit of marketing. It's yet to be seen how this pans out, but for now it's a great way for them to build customers and for us to get free phone-to-phone calls.

Gizmo has become my favorite VoIP phone/messaging program, and it wouldn't bother me one bit if it became the number one used VoIP software in the world.

Check my OgOg profile
Addicting Games