Sunday, February 04, 2007

More Format Changes For Emergency Trap

Four months of reporting on emerging Web 2.0 sites and technologies. That's about how long the site has been up. In that time, we've had changes to the site design, and to the posting format. Today's announcement is probably the biggest yet.

Emergency Trap is merging with New Gen Gamers. Yes, this means a major change to what news and information I'll be reporting on. I'll be slowly migrating over to video game industry news.


This is a great thing for me, but I realize it may mean losing some of you as avid readers. I've weighted the pros and cons, and I think that it's best to go ahead with the merger.

Blog content is flexible and malleable. While I'll mainly be writing about the game industry from here on out, you never know what the future holds. Maybe one day I'll return to Web 2.0, and I'm not entirely going to discount Web 2.0 technologies. There are many new sites and services that will fit into my new format.

After all is said and done, I hope that you don't quit reading after this post, but rather, check out the new site once I migrate over.

The new layout and design looks promising. All my previous posts will still exist in the form they're in now. and most of my sideblog content will stay the same too.

I'm still working on the video netcast, and with the new content, I think the netcast will be much better than I originally planned.

Thank you all for reading and sticking with me over the last 4 months, and I hope you'll stay.

Look out for the new design and layout. I'll be sure to post a redirect from this site to the new one.

Check my OgOg profile
Addicting Games