Friday, August 24, 2007

Seam Carving for Content-aware Image Resizing

The 34th International Conference and Exhibition on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques had alluded me. I have a feeling that it alluded a lot of people. It's one of those conferences that aren't as attractive as some of the others. It definitely is no Maker Fair. I think though that some pretty exciting things still come out of it. How about an image resizing technology that could easily become a web standard?

I'm wondering what kind of power the technology would require? Will it create a larger gap between slow-end computers and newer, faster ones? Will we see a rise in "alt-text" being used? That's a scary thought, seeing as how my laptop is over 5 years old now.

Labels: , , ,

Check my OgOg profile
Addicting Games