Sunday, May 04, 2008

The New Lip Dub Phenom

I'm enamored by the new, refreshing lip dubs Internet companies have released. Sure it's a bit old of an idea but it was something that, I think, desperately needed to come back. On top of that, this new batch has that super-charged fun energy that makes you wish you were apart of it, or to go out and make your own.

I'm not sure who the first was. I first saw Revision3's version of INXS

Lip Dub - Need You Tonight by INXS from sarahlane on Vimeo.
and they mentioned Connected Ventures as "inspiration"

Lip Dub - Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger from amandalynferri on Vimeo.
Then Kevin Rose and Alex Albrecht poked fun at Revision3 with their short little lip dub

Then the re-birth of a fad got rocketed into the mainstream when Jessica Alba and her company performed lip dub to Panic At the Disco

but not to be satisfied(and, probably, to get some major attention) KIIS FM performed what many are saying is the current best lip dub video to Miley Cyrus' new song

So I've been enjoying all these videos. Their fun. You can tell the people had fun making them and that energy comes through. They're also fun catchy songs that, for the most part, everyone can enjoy.

I put together a few more that I liked from other companies like Cnet Australia, and also some that a fun crew of kids from an Asian University made(of American songs).
enjoy.








One last word. I'm no video producer but it seems to me that
the key ingredient in making these a success(besides syncing it correctly) is ENERGY
You need to zap the audience with how much fun it is.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Check my OgOg profile
Addicting Games