Saturday, May 31, 2008

Werewolves? Vampires? World War II? Operation Darkness combines them all, and it sounds great.

It already stands to reason that this game is going to be sub-par. It's a niche title that usually wouldn't be localized from Japan except by the few small publishers, like Atlus, that exist today. It's true Atlus has grown quite a bit, and have released a current stream of, if not top-notch, better titles.

Operation Darkness seems like a game that Atlus would have released in their infancy. But having said that, I think it could be an enjoyable enough game play experience. It very likely could have a great story to keep you playing through less than thrilling controls.

I mean, an alternate history where you play through the "hidden" battles of World War II with werewolves and vampires.
That sounds like a recipe for an oft-volatile mix that could be explosively entertaining.
It can be hard pulling off fantastical stories of this level, but I've seen enough goof-ball plots turn into some great movies. That's why I'm staying so optimistic about this title. Then again, I don't have an Xbox 360, and somehow I think it will be near impossible to convince any of my 360-owning friends to pick up this title. So, please, anyone who does get this, let me know how it turns out.


Related News
Operation Darkness Characters Profiles and Concept Art - Gamers Hell
Xbox 360 Preview - 'Operation Darkness' - WorthPlaying.com
Operation Darkness Demo Impressions (Xbox 360) - TeamXbox
Atlus Announces Another RPG, World in Shock - RPGamer.com

My Standpoint:

Powered by StuffaBlog

Labels: ,

Check my OgOg profile
Addicting Games